Established in 2020. Scholarship for a college student pursuing a degree with a focus on the pig industry. Priority will be given to students who have a focus on pigs but a focus on other types of animals will be considered. Must be admitted to an accredited college/university. Documentation of enrollment needs to be provided before the scholarship is paid out.
This scholarship may be awarded to the same student more than once as long as an application is filled out each time the scholarship is offered.
Eligible students must:
- be an enrolled college student
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Priority will be given to students above a 3.5 GPA (must provide official transcript)
- provide a detailed list of internships you’ve completed (if any)
- provide a letter of recommendation from one of the following:
1) a professor who can attest to your potential for academic or career success,
2) a coach, pastor, or another community leader who can vouch for your character and commitment to others and your community or
3) an employer who can comment on your leadership
- provide a 500-word personal essay on a topic of your choice:
1) What is your motivation for seeking a career in pig farming?
2) What do you see as a challenge in the future of pig farming or
3) What is the importance in disease management, nutrition or genetics in pig farming?
Scholarship Applications close on March 1, 2021 at 11:59pm.