The purpose of the Jasper and Newton County Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program is to help raise the level of educational attainment in Indiana and to leverage further the ability of Indiana’s community foundations to enhance the quality of life for the state’s residents.
For school year 2018-2019, each community foundation (county) will be eligible to nominate a recipient for a full-tuition scholarship to Independent Colleges of Indiana (ICI) on behalf of Lilly Endowment Community Scholars.
Scholarship must be used to pursue a baccalaureate degree at any accredited public or private Indiana college or university.
The program will provide scholarships for otherwise unreimbursed full tuition, required fees, and special allocation of up to $900 per year for required books and required equipment for four years of undergraduate study on a full-time basis, leading to a baccalaureate degree at any Indiana public or private college or university accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of College and Schools.
The Lilly Endowment, in conjunction with Jasper Foundation and Newton County Community Foundation, hopes that this program will continue to encourage many of Indiana’s most talented students to attend Indiana’s fine higher education institutions and after graduation consider pursuing occupations in Indiana.
- Student residing in Jasper and/or Newton County or attending a Jasper and/or Newton County high school.
- Intend to pursue four years of study on a full-time basis to an Indiana college or university.
- Student academic achievements meet or exceed the top 25% in their graduating class.
- Nomination requirements include academic performance, demonstrated leadership skills, community service, character and/or financial need.
- Limit one application per individual.